about Live rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I bought live rock about a week ago and I was wondering in how many weeks it will become actually live? ok, there are some things already developed, looks like really small anemone or zoo, cant quite tell... last night I saw a tiny worm on it...

could you post your live rock pictures here? and please write how old they are and how long did you have to wait till your LR started to look really good

is "live" in term of beneficial bacteria colonization. This is what truely makes LR live. The actualy visable life will come with time. You may begin to see sponges, tube worms, coaraline algae and small corals if these organisms where present on the rock when you got it. If you have more mature LR in your tank life may transfer over to your new rock as well. It all does take time.
could you post your live rock pictures here? and please write how old they are and how long did you have to wait till your LR started to look really good
At the time of this pic my tank was less then a year old. Half of the LR came from my 38gal reef (which I replaceed with this tank) and the other half came from various other sources...LFS and online.

Attachments

• uploadable_pics_003_585x438_189.jpg
    uploadable_pics_003_585x438_189.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 68
My live rock is over 8 yrs old. I bought it all at the LFS. There is three types. Marshall island,Fiji and tonga. 200 lbs in there

img_648033_0_2ab9258a0b81f55a85adaa85c16c7731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom