?? About my coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your asking about the white star-shaped polyps coming out of it, it is feeding. How long have you had it?

They will come out when its feeding and I see a lot of gorgs with them out all day. Just male sure algae doesn't build up on him if it does blow it off

Gorgonians typically don't do well in aquariums, or at least they are harder to keep than most. They require phytoplankton to survive, and good water flow. I've tried a few different types and they've never lasted more than 6-8 months, and at the time I fed live phyto every 3 days. Definitely keep it algae free, and it does need some light. Good luck

Ya that might not end too well. Phyto feeding gorgs are very very diffucult to keep alive, some are not photosynthetic at all.

Yeah the non-photosynthic ones are hard for experts alike but u should be able to keep the one u have. I believe its photosynthic but theydont have any defense mechanisms to fight algae so if u keep that off them u should be alright alng with high flow. Pretty much pointed at it if u have a controller to keep it from being a constant laminer flow

Back
Top Bottom