about no guarantee fish online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ektorgt

Aquarium Advice Regular
i want to buy a blue/regal/hippo tang from a saltwaterfish.com but they dont guarantee that fish?? why is that?? is it really common for these fish to arrive dead or to die in the fist couple of days????????

what other sites would you recomend me for live fish??

thankss

I've heard good things about liveaquaria.com, but I have never ordered on line.

I would be leary of buying any fish online that does not come with a guarentee. To many things can happen in shipping...stress to fish, lost or delayed packages.

I ordered a regal from liveaquaria 3 weeks ago. It is in QT and doing fine, no signs of ich etc.

It is labeled as an advanced fish on their website. It is very common for online retailers not to guarentee a fish that they consider for the advanced aquarist. Even LiveAquaria does this. SWF has three regals on their site. The small & medium are no guarentee but the (more expensive) larger one is covered.

From their website:
This item is Not Guaranteed (NG), because either its behavior is irregular during acclimation, or because it is packed in a non-traditional way; in either case the hobbyist may not be familiar with the animals's true actual health and vitality because they are not familiar with its behavior. One can have every confidence when ordering this item, but it will not be covered under the guarantee because its natural behavior or how it is shipped differs from other items.

they are known to be fragile shippers, smaller ones are rarely guaranteed anywhere.

99% of my livestock purchases are bought online. Of course I expect them to arrive safe and healthy. It is the same method used by the LFS to get their livestock.

I'm a big fan of on-line purchases as well. Most of my livestock comes from LiveAquaria. The specimens are always top of the line, very healthy and exceed your expectations. They back up their shipping with a 14d guarentee that I don't get at my LFS and their customer service is OUTSTANDING.

The last shipment I got in from LA had a Copperband Buttefly in it. Something happened during shipping and his bag broke. He arrived with very little water with him. I called LA and they made a note in my file and then asked me to go ahead and acclimate him anyway. He was dark and barely moving. Poor fish. I really thought he was a gonner, but much to my surprise he perked right up during acclimation and has been a great addition to the tank ever since.

I much prefer on-line, guarenteed fish over LFS walk out the door and he's your problem fish.

Online is the only way to go in my book, unless you have a fish store that will match the price and garuntee....

I have bought many, many things online, and am very satisfied, including a tang..

well thanks everyone, now i am a little more confident about my coming fish...tomorrow i will get my shippment and ill tell you how everythign went.

woow! the fish are great! all of them are happy in their new tank. the blue tang is bigger than 2 inches and is beautifull!! i saw these at the lfs for $70 and i got it for $25!!! niccee.... i will definitely buy online again!

Back
Top Bottom