about salinity test.... HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryanmc1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
is there a salinity test that i can keep submerg in the tank for every and if the salt raise or falls it will tell me?

i hate to stick my hand in the water and keep testing it with a hydrometer every week or 2 for the salt water... so is there any way i can find one that sits in the water for every? and what is it called...

also can i just drop my hydrometer in the salt water and leave it there for ever? or will it be a bad idea?

As long as you stay on top of your topoffs and add the same amount and SG water back in during WC's you don't need to test it every week..I might test mine a few times a year
You should consider a refractometer though

how about the hydrometer in the water thing wil that work? or will i end up with problems down the road... i assume algae build up?

i have a new question... after i put salt in the water and it disolve... why is it so cloudy.... how long do i need to water for it to cleaner up...

i have a new question... after i put salt in the water and it disolve... why is it so cloudy.... how long do i need to water for it to cleaner up...

It helps if you mix the salt and water in a separate container prior and waiting a couple days before adding it to your DT. It's most likely cloudy because it hasn't mixed yet.

Back
Top Bottom