? about type of fish to add to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium

Aquarium Advice Regular
i got a catalog from Drs foster&smith and i was looking threw it and i came up to the SW fish.i was looking threw them and looked at the fish i liked and checked to see how big the tank has to be...the fish i woiuld like are....percula clownfish(30 gal), royal gramma basslet(30gal), yellow tang(30gal), yellowtail damselfish(30gal) & a 3 spotdomino damsel fish(30gal) *picking out of 1 of these angels* ------> bicolor angel fish(30gal) or a coral beauty angel fish(30gal) *also picking out of 1 of these butterfly fish*-----> a heniochus black&white butterflyfish(50gal) or a auri butterflyfish(50gal) i was thinking about getting a antennata lionfish but they says its venomous and i dont want to be doing water changes and get touched by it so i dunno yet

just so u readers know I AM NOT GETTIN ALL OF THOSE FISHES i was just posting which fish i like and was wondering if some1 could help me n let me knoww wich fish could go with which and which one of those fish i can have 2gether to put in a 55gal i know i wouldnt be able to add alot so i was just wondering which ones i could add ...................well TIA

For what it's worth, I have a perc clownfish (tank raised), coral beauty and an auriga butterfly. The butterfly is small, so the coral beauty gives her a nudge now and again to let her know whose in charge, but they all get along fine. I imagine when the Auriga gets bigger, the coral will be put in her place. I have a 125 Gal tank.

Also, some observations.
The tank raised clown swims MUCH more than I expected.
The coral swims in and out of the LR a lot.
The Auriga swims out in the open a TON and is very fun to watch. Very active.

Here's a poor pic
img_263787_0_735ce0ed5180b4bbdef1441c99f6cffa.jpg

Jim

If you plan on moving towards a reef tank you should pass on the angels and butterfly. 3 spot damsel gets very aggressive so I would leave that out. Lionfish does not fit in with any of the above. A nice combo would be 1 or 2 percula clownfish, 1 royal gramma, 1 tang and 1 yellowtail damsel. You can also add various snails and hermits and a cleaner shrimp. That would be the most I would add to a 55g.

thanks alot you are a lot of help nevause im stuck on which fish to get and my tank is only a 55gal so i dont wanna pyut to many fish in there so they can get big and become more aggressive so you guys are alot of help THANKS and yea im gonna get a couple of cleaners and things like that..thanks again

Back
Top Bottom