Absolutely amazing.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, as some of you know, I like saving creatures from my supermarket :). I have littleneck clams, and 2 oysters. Today I got this awsome looking clam/oyster thing (forget the name) a cherrystone clam (HUGE 4-5"), a steamer clam, and a bag of mussels. One of the mussels had a giant break in his shell exspoing almost all of his body. I put him in the QT tank, and hes ALIVE!!!!!! He will be going in my fuge, so the fish dont eat him. Just thought this was sooooo interesting. BTW for all of you that want crustaceans they make great pets! Just buy them at the grocery store and plop them in your tank! Theyre AMAZING!!!!!

Thats awesome, how well have they survived in your tank? I thought they were all cold water species at the super market and wouldn't survive in the warmer tanks. How long have you had them? Do you target feed them?

That's very cool! But arent those species harvested off Cape Cod and what not? Cold water over there!
I did research on lobsters for a while, and I feel sympathy for them when I see them in the grocery store. But that research actually gave me a taste for steamed lobster yum ;)
Let us know how your clams go!

I tried that once, but the clams didn't last long..... How long have you had yours?

Ive had the clams for over 2 months and got all the other (oysters 1 week ago) yesterday. The lobsters definitely wouldnt work cause of cold water, but these guys I think are gonna be just fine :). They all look healthy and are doing good.

Back
Top Bottom