Acans..??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badgers reef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have any good methods of getting good acan growth rate.? Feeds traces water flow..?? Any help appreicated thanks

Attachments

• image-277468640.jpg
    image-277468640.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2136072878.jpg
    image-2136072878.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 98
Well the one is a brain acan or enchinata which isn't as fast growing as the lords in my experience but I've found the best growth rates when provided similar care as zoas or brain corals. Weekly feedings of a meaty food like mysis will also help growth too. A lot of people have also noticed when approaching solid 0s across the board on parameters (like a sps dominant tanks) will have more trouble with acans much like zoas and xenia. Keep it in moderate flow with moderate-low lighting with small feedings from time to time and that's about all you can do but wait :) beautiful enchinata by the way

The first picture appears to be a Favia, not an Acan. You could target feed them meaty foods at night when the lights go out. They always seem to respond well to a nice meal.

Since I started broadcast feeding my tank reef chili, my again lords have taken off. But, like stated the one pic is of a favia. It should be ok with just light...as most coral but feeding them will probably help. I used to feed my Duncans mysis, but it became a pain making sure each head only got one piece and that all 25 heads got attention. When I broadcast feed, all the heads on both my Duncans get to eat along with all of my other corals. The open brain that I haven't had for a week yet has started to show its tentacles to prepare for feedings.

Back
Top Bottom