Acans help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazwaz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I fed my acans and they opened back up alright, then i am guessing they secreted waste.

Well the waste is just sitting on the mouths now, should i pick up the frags and tip it over/shake it off?

image-2615191218.jpg

I guess? I don't know why it would hurt anything. Why are you feeding them anyway? They don't need it. I have my own acan lord garden and never feed them.

I feed my new frags to help with growth some but their waste should get picked up into the flow. My guess would be your lacking some flow in your tank.

It's a polar subject. Some say feed for fast growth while others say don't feed so they want to grow so they can absorb more light. Either way, it does sound like you need more flow if waste is just sitting on the coral.

Sniperhank said:
It's a polar subject. Some say feed for fast growth while others say don't feed so they want to grow so they can absorb more light. Either way, it does sound like you need more flow if waste is just sitting on the coral.

Have you ever checked out tidalgardens? I think its close by you and they have some pretty good coral videos including some acans and micromussa. Sorry for getting a little off subject OP

This is why I keep a turkey baster for my tank (obviously don't want to grab the one from the kitchen). It's very handy for gently blowing off corals and rock.....

As far as my acan, I do feed it a piece or two of mysis per head once a week early in the morning while the feeders are out. I notice a color difference if I go longer than a week, especially under the dawn/dusk lights, and the polyp extension tends to be better.....

Back
Top Bottom