Accilmating multiple specimens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I get back from vacation I want to order some chromis from live aquaria. I know they ship each fish in a separate bags. When I drop acclimate them should I use a separate container for each fish?

Wow! Getting just some chromis from liveaquaria.com or other things too b/c their shipping costs are ridiculous!? Anyway, you don't have to drip acclimate them since they are pretty hardy fish, but there's no problem in having them in one container. (y)

With multiples of the same fish I put a couple in each acclimation bucket. I got 5 chromis at once and put 2 in each bucket and 1 in the 3rd. I wouldnt mix different types of fish since the fish will be stressed from shipping and transport and they can fight in such a small space. :)

Good luck!

carey said:
With multiples of the same fish I put a couple in each acclimation bucket. I got 5 chromis at once and put 2 in each bucket and 1 in the 3rd. I wouldnt mix different types of fish since the fish will be stressed from shipping and transport and they can fight in such a small space. :)

Good luck!

Thanks Carey! I can't wait to get some chromis when I get home :)

Back
Top Bottom