Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis55

So theres no aggression to other fish.
You really need to look at ordering online if you have friend with tanks or a local fourm you can get shipping I do club orders alot I paid 20$ for a porcupine puffer and 5$ for a sand sifter goby and 5$ shipping with a club order I thought it was good for 30$ total

Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1^ ordering online is almost always gonna be the best deal if your willing to wait for it..well unless you live in Florida and can get good deals everywhere :P

Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
+1^ ordering online is almost always gonna be the best deal if your willing to wait for it..well unless you live in Florida and can get good deals everywhere :P
Living in iowa in February is kinda difficult for ordering livestock. Some places wont order cause its too cold...
Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

Living in iowa in February is kinda difficult for ordering livestock. Some places wont order cause its too cold...
Lol I live in nova scotia Canada its colder and you can get orders with livestock it always same day or next day delivery in a heated truck or via air in an insulted box

Anyways if you don't want to that's fine I was just giving an option cause they will deliver in the cold
Old 02-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle

Lol I live in nova scotia Canada its colder and you can get orders with livestock it always same day or next day delivery in a heated truck or via air in an insulted box

Anyways if you don't want to that's fine I was just giving an option cause they will deliver in the cold
Thanks for the tip. If i could get the local club to go in on an order id do it. I just dont wanna order $30 in fish for $50 delivery. Lol
Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's why you wait til you need enough stuff to get the free shipping
Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
I personally would spend a little more for the proper fish. If you want a healthy and happy tank then it's best to stock it properly, freshwater fish converted to salt is not really proper. Look at it this way, spending 5.00 on a freshwater fish and acclimating it for a long period of time to have it die and need to replace it equals spending 10.00 on a saltwater fish. I'm a firm believer in quality and I would rather save my money for a while and buy what I want than spending what I have right now for something that's ok. This usually leads to wasted money cause you still want that fish and will buy it sooner or later so don't waste your money. Plus if you set aside 10-20 bucks a paycheque it's not really hard to come up with the cash, a fifty dollar fish is covered in 1.5 months.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
That's why you wait til you need enough stuff to get the free shipping
Yea but i cant spend 200 to get free shippjng. Lol
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yea but i cant spend 200 to get free shippjng. Lol
Like puffer was saying you'll end up buying what you want eventually so just make a wish list of things that add up to $200 and start setting aside $40 a week and in 5 weeks you'll have what you want...patience is important in this hobby
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:

Like puffer was saying you'll end up buying what you want eventually so just make a wish list of things that add up to $200 and start setting aside $40 a week and in 5 weeks you'll have what you want...patience is important in this hobby
Then you will get the tank you want instead of a hodge podge tank

Tags
freshwater, freshwater fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com