Acclimating Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NarwhalLover3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone. I just picke up a small bubble tip, two mushrooms, and I think there's an emerald crab in the rock. How should I acclimate them? They are going into my 8 gallon pico. Thanks! :)

*bump. Not trying to be pushy or anything, I just don't want them to sit in a bowl too long.

U could probably float the bag of mushrooms and add water by cup over time.....but u said theres an emerald crab and all inverts are very sensative and need long acclimation, therefore if i were u i would drip acclimate both anemone and shrooms/crab, take a bucket and dump the bag in it. If the water is too shallow lean the bucket using a prop such as a phone book and lean it on the stand etc so that tge water goes to an area deep enough for both items to be senerged in water...then take a airline and siphone it to the bucket( one end in the tank, suck on the tube so that water starts to siphone and then place in bucket) then tie the airline in a knot so that u get one to two drops per second, let it sit for about 2 - 3 hours and your good....btw your going to need saltwater to replace the used water

Thank you everyone. I have been dripping for about an hour and everything's going fine. The bubble-tip is even opening. I think I'll wait a little longer to put them in.

Here's one of the shrooms. He's still mad though.

image-3276254651.jpg

Here's the other shroom. He's happier than the other one.

image-1792135876.jpg

And last but not least, the baby bubble tip. He's not fully open but that's just because the lights haven't been on very long.

image-2794129973.jpg

Back
Top Bottom