Acclimating to LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

likeaboss2645

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am switching from 4 vho bulbs to 2 120 watt Chinese full spectrum leds. How low should I start the lights on? How can I tell if that is too much/ not enough light?

90 gal reef

I am switching from 4 vho bulbs to 2 120 watt Chinese full spectrum leds. How low should I start the lights on? How can I tell if that is too much/ not enough light?

90 gal reef

What size tank? I have 1 unit on my 40 breeder and it is on the lowest possible setting for both blues an whites... These are very strong units.

I would start low and see how the corals react. You can slowly acclimate them to higher light, like 1 notch every 3-5 days or so...

Very low, these put out ALOT of light. I had 4 T5s and upgraded to 2 chinese units and burnt my coral bad at the beginnig. Start at 25%.

What kind of corals did you guys have in your tanks? I have mostly softies

90 gal reef

All good advice. Too little light and the SPS corals will brown. But too much and they bleach. They recover from browning out much faster than recovering from bleaching. As a result start really slowly and allow a few days between changes for the coral to react. Nothing but bad things happen fast in reef keeping. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom