Acclimation of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never used a unit to do my acclimating. Depending on what it is I usually acclimate with a 5 gallon bucket and some airline with a knot tied in it. However you choose to do it the idea is to slowly change the chemistry of the water before you drop the fish in. I don think it matters how you do this as long as you are :)

but that contraption looks kinda cool

Yea that's what I thought but I guess your paying a bit more money for something that will do the same as a bit of air line

Just buy some airline tubing and tie a knot in the line

+1 I acclimate via air tubeing 3 drops per sec in a container for a few hrs and test the new critters water and my display water to make sure chemistry is the same

+1 I acclimate via air tubeing 3 drops per sec in a container for a few hrs and test the new critters water and my display water to make sure chemistry is the same

Agreed , do note if you are going to acclimate for multiple hours to monitor the temperature in the bucket. I bought a very small heater for my longer acclimating however most of my acclimating is done somewhere between 1 or 1 1/2 hours

Back
Top Bottom