Achilles Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxxpac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got an Achilles tang a week a go and he was eating like crazy and picking on rock but I notice he is not going after food at all. Why?

Probably stressed out buy some live food and try some sea weed

They are not the hardiest of tangs. Remember also that they are herbivores and need plenty of seaweed and vegetable matter.

Hello
Well the Achilles got ick I have been putting the garlic in the water. His not eating but his picking at the rocks and goes to the cleaner shrimps. His not swimming around stressed just normal. Think I have a chance with this one?

Just out of curiosity what is the tank size? See if you can get some fresh macro algae for the tang to eat.

Hello
Well the Achilles got ick I have been putting the garlic in the water. His not eating but his picking at the rocks and goes to the cleaner shrimps. His not swimming around stressed just normal. Think I have a chance with this one?

You might want to slow down on adding fish to your tank,its only just cycled and you've added a naso tang and an archilles tang within 10 days,this stress wont help either of them!!

Just out of curiosity what is the tank size? See if you can get some fresh macro algae for the tang to eat.
He has a 200g

If he has ick you need to set up a QT. I didnt believe in QTing, but NOTHING else works. Its taking a huge gamble, he'll probably die if you dont QT him.

Tryingto catch a Tang in a 200 would be an absolute nightmare. Not to mention u would have to take everything out of the tank to get him. Unfortunatly no matter what its hard to beat. Best bet in a tank that size is running a 24w UV at the recomended flow for ich get a few cleaner shrimp and feed garlic soaked algae sheets and hope for the best. Good luck.

And don't get any more fish that are as sensitve as an achillies Tang until the tank is matured more.

Back
Top Bottom