Acro polyp extension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think I remember reading that most Acro's extend polyps at night time and they also can extend them when stressed out. I was talking to someone at work this week and they commented about how a acro I was unpacking had extended polyps already so it must be healthy. But I thought they can extend polyps when stressed so just because they have extended polyps does not mean they are healthy. True or false?

Polyp extension is not away to judge health. Some acros do not extend their polyps and as you noted, most wild acros only extend polyps during the day, in our tanks they will extend them more often, because we take care not to house fish and other animals that view them as a snack.

reefrunner69 said:
because we take care not to house fish and other animals that view them as a snack.

Lol, I was thinking my flameback was picking, but I just realized it may be my bi-color blenny. I've never seen either doing the deed but I"m suspect....

Back
Top Bottom