Acrylic fresh water reservoir for my SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know where I could get about a 22x16x22 box made in short order to place under my stand to house FW for topoffs? That'll hold about 33g, or maybe 30 or so filled and I'm hoping to use the JBJ ATO to do my topoffs for me these days.

You will probably have to build it yourself if you want those exact dimensions. Ordering a custom tank that size would run close to $100+.

glasscages.com will custom build any sized acrylic tank for the $$$. Do you have room for a 20 gal.tall 24 x 12 1/2 x 17 tall or a 29 gal 30 x 12½ x 17?

Why acrylic?
Can you find a Rubbermaid BRUTE bin in something close to those dimensions? I have a couple of 20 gal bins that are 27 7/8” x 17 3/8” x 15 1/16”. I got them at Lowes. You might also want to take a look at US Plastics for a container.

The 17 3/8 won't fit under my 155 bow stand. Only have 16" there. I'll look at US Plastics. If I use any of the Lowes models, I'm only getting 18 - 22g or so.

Tchwzrd - I'm afraid that with my lighting in a canopy (3x150 MH & 4xp6 PCs) that I may evap 20g in only a few days. Even more, with annual weekly vacations (maybe 2) I'd need more FW.

Thanks you bothtfor the links. I'll check'm out today.

Update/Edit - found that a 37g glass tank. Kinda tall, but it gives me plenty floor space. Besides, I'm not doing buckets anymore. Just trash cans on wheels , pumps, and hose this time around.

Congrats, so you did have room for a 30" long tank :D
austinsdad said:
Just trash cans on wheels , pumps, and hose this time around.
Nothing like a quick 10 minute PWC!

Similar lights on my 125 and I'm still only doing about 1½ gallons/day. No Canopy for me though that shouldn't make much of a difference.

Good. I'm hoping my reservoir can serve the tank for a couple of weeks. 1 week was all I was hoping for, but anything more would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom