Acrylic owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 60 gallon acrylic and as some of you may know there is basically only two openings on top. How do you guys maintain the top from getting water drops or from fogging up. The top of my acrylic tank gets foggy and has water drops on it. I am guessing due to condensation. I am sure it blocks alot of light and would like any ideas ir methods to keeping this clear so my light can penetrate.

I covered my openings with clear plastic mesh so there can be open air exchange. Cuts out little light, but depending on the size if mesh a fish could still jump out. But it keeps condensation off the rest of the top and promotes good air exchange.

Mine are completely open and I have no canopy so theres plenty of air around but it keeps getting foggy. Does the mesh keep this from happenig or is it basically the same thing as I have now just open? Its not a big issue but I was just wondering if anyone is maintaining it clear free from any condensation building up on it. Can i drill some holes on top?

Back
Top Bottom