acrylic polishing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ciroman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

this is my first post here and I have a serious question. I have a 450 gallon Tenecor 3/4" thick acrylic tank that is setup as a reef and fish system. I have some SPS corals, tangs, damsels, clowns, 3 anemones, some gobies and other fishes that have been in the system for about 3 years. Filtration is an 80 gallon sump with skimmers and ozonator as well as a large cartridge filter. It houses about 700 pounds of live rock also.

I have had a new guy helping to perform the maintenance on the tank and a recently noticed many small scratches in the front acrylic from the scraper that he uses. He uses an acrylic scraper, I just think that he got it off center and the edges caused the scratching to occur.

I have read online some wet sanding systems that can remove scratches and I was wondering what you all thought about them if anyone has used them. I can't raelly drain the tank to perform scratch removal, due to the large water volume.

Does anyone have any help for me and know what systems work well?

Thanks for your help!!

Pat

Sorry to hear about the scratches. Another possiblity is that some sand got between the scraper and the acrylic.

Back
Top Bottom