Acrylic Tank - How Much is it Worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 60 gallon TruVu Aquasystem acrylic with built in wet/dry that I am probably going to part ways with. This tank is pretty scratched up. It does not leak. It would make a great sump for a larger tank or even a large QT tank. I don't think you would want to use it as a main tank unless you are desparate or are willing to take the time to buff out all the scratches. None of the scratches appear to be very deep but there are quite a lot of them.

If I am going to sell it, how much should I ask for it? I have no idea what it is worth.

For more info about TruVu aquariums see: http://truvuaquariums.com

Depending on what acrylic tanks of that size go for, I'd mark it down to about half because it can't be used as a display tank (well... it could), but it is still in pretty good condition as you say.

Thanks for the replies. This tank has been sitting empty in my garage for a while now. I have been meaning to buff out the scratches but I never seem to be able to find the time. With all the projects around the house that I have going on and everything else that is on my "honey-do" list, I don't think that I will be able to find any time for it any time soon. I was just thinking it would be easier to get rid of this tank since it is taking up space. I could always use whatever I could get for it for my other tanks.

Then you'd be lucky to get 1/3 of the price of a brand new tank, IMHO. But go for the gold if you can! :)

klam,

It was already listed on Reef Central in the "In the SF Bay Area:post your Wants,Trades,Or For Sale Here:" thread. I did not know about the BAR forum. Thanks. I have added it there as well.

greenfish

Back
Top Bottom