Acylic tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have a acrylic tank and like it? I have always had glass and liked the look of acrylic but have heard bad stories of cleaning them. I got a friend that is offering a good deal on a 125 acrylic but even he had bad stories of cleaning.

Hate to pass up a deal but don't want a PITA tank.

Thoughts?

I like glass, but if you are getting a great deal, go for it. Just be careful when you clean it.

You can sand, buff, and polish an acrylic back to like new condition but you can't do that to glass. Acrylic has it advantages (weight) and disadvantages (scratch prone).

I have to say that most people I have talked to have said they do not like their acrylic tanks.

I think it is a matter of prefrence but I guess the scratching affect is one aspect. Also a lot of people in my reef club love to take macro pics with their fancy cameras and it is not as good as glass.

I would probably go for it if it is a great deal. Other than being careful while putting in your LR, and a little bit of staying on top of cleaning.

We have a few acrylic tanks, I've never had a problem with them. Any that have been scratched are easy to buff out. All of ours look fantastic. Definitely would prefer over glass.

Thanks all. $100 for a a used acrylic 125. Good enough? I am still on the fence about wanting a 125 or a 180 too.

funny thing is the guy selling the acrylic tank bought a 125 glass tank to replace the acrylic :)

I would JUMP on that deal!!! My 125 glass was a little over $300.

Back
Top Bottom