Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very common behavior for Peps to hide and not be seen for weeks at a time. As for CBS I have heard varying reports. I have a CBS, Pepermints and cleaners and all get along just fine. I suspect the CBS may have done in a camelback some time ago though. I have seen the CBS chase others away as they tend to be territorial. If your tank is big enough I think they are all fine together and it has worked for me now for some time witout incident.

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:38 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden
I do not have a CBS so I can not say on its behalf. My peppermints and cleaners get along fine so far. When the peppermints were put in the tank one held onto the net. I reached in to remove it with my hand. It started cleaning my hand and would not quit. I finally had to firmly shake it off. I have heard of peppermints doing this but had never seen it in person.

Haha mine does the same thing, he cracks me up! Sometimes I have to stick a suction cup that came loose or adjust something in my tank and he jumps right on my hand and starts pickin away.

3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I had a CBS he was the first shrimp in my tank but was taken out rather quickly when it started messing with my 2 cleaner shrimp. It was an easy decision losing a $6.99 CBS or a $24.99 cleaner
125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, 20g is pretty small for multiple shrimp. No room for territotial behavior,

Tank: 90 Gal SW Reef in the making

See my info for setup and inhabitant details:
afilter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, cleaner, cleaner shrimp, pic, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com