added condylactis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had my tank for a year now. I decided to had an anemone. So far it looks good. I would like to add a bta. Is this ok? Also, I would like to add a few corals. What would be compatible with the anemones? My fish consist of 2 clowns, 6line wrasse, and a convict goby, and a cleaner crew.

This is the 75 gallon in your info?

Condys like to move and will kill corals they come into contact with, if it finds a spot that it likes and stays there for awhile in the same spot (like a month) then I would get corals and place them away from the condy just incase it decided to move again.

Any anemone you get will damage/kill coral it comes into contact with if they are moving around. My bta stays in the same spot all the time so it never comes into contact with any of the corals and my rock anemone stays in the same spot (hence "rock") but when it does fully expand it comes into contact with some mushrooms and burns the edges of them. I've had to move a couple of the mushrooms so they didnt die. And it's killed star polyps that grew too close to it.

I would start off with some easy corals like a Colt coral and mushrooms and yellow polyps. Maybe even a brain coral. But as Lance said make sure you keep an eye out on that anenome.

I have the condy anemone in 10g tank with some corals for more than year, no problems from the anemone side. I'm keeping it just like any coral - without touching the neighbors. But yellow polyps, when covered the rock with anemone, left marks on anemone tectacles - better to keep them away, no direct contact.

Was the anemone worth having it - disputable When I bought it, it was snow-white with purple tips, 4" diameter, real centerpiece.
After a months, it become tan colored, even brownish - totally uninteresting, and, as had read on the forums, this is the normal color. Under the good light it opens to the 7" or more in diameter - this means this dull creature takes too much place in my tank, and I can't even give it away to a bigger home - all want the show piece, not that, what it become.

It requires 70W+ for 12" deep tanks, not less, speaking from my experience. Mine had direct sunlight for a few hours, in addition to that.

Until it settles in the concavity in the rock, in uplifting flow, the intakes of powerfilters or powerheads, as well as heaters better to keep covered by plastic mesh.

I really like it, but have much more interesting corals now, in the limited space.

daebjosd said:
Was the anemone worth having it - disputable When I bought it, it was snow-white with purple tips, 4" diameter, real centerpiece.
After a months, it become tan colored, even brownish - totally uninteresting, and, as had read on the forums, this is the normal color. Under the good light it opens to the 7" or more in diameter - this means this dull creature takes too much place in my tank, and I can't even give it away to a bigger home - all want the show piece, not that, what it become.
That is very common that centerpiece anenome was bleached , now you have a very healthy (by your discription) anenome . They have lost all thier zooth algea they become white as they gain that back and become healthy they are tan.

Back
Top Bottom