Adding a Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I already have a yellow tang in my 120g and want to add either a white-tailed bristletooth or a kole yellow eyes tang. I realize that tangs fight with same species, would either of these be compatible? Would they all be compatible together?

Thank you

They will probably scuff a little, but you really should be ok. I'm jealous if you get that white tail bristle tooth, been looking at those forever. Beautiful fish

They will probably scuff a little, but you really should be ok. I'm jealous if you get that white tail bristle tooth, been looking at those forever. Beautiful fish

That's what I've been reading. Thank you! Ya it's one of my favorites, I want some red in my tank and it will be awesome. Thanks again

If you want some red. Add a flame angel torwards the end of your stock. Those are beautiful fish!!

I wouldn't worry too much about both of the tangs, seeing as the tank is large enough to where the two have ample space to swim. You already have one tang, so dominance has already been established, so to speak.

Just have to keep an eye on the fish.. Some will just destroy corals.. Some will be ok.. If you starve them . They might just take a polyp as a snack

They only fight if they have the same body shape. You can put a blue and a yellow together with no issues generally speaking. It all depend on body shape.

It's been a little over a week since I added my yellow eye kole. It has gotten obvious harassment from my yellow tang. It has abrasions on its body near the tail. Today one of its fins seems to have been nipped. What can I do to ease the aggression? Add another of some sort??
Thanks

There prolly jus establishing there territory still. I have 5 tangs in my 125g and they never fight now.

I have a yellow tang and they are somewhat territorial specially when they are the first in your tank. They get along pretty good with flame angel and blue hippo though. The size of your tank also affects their being aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom