Adding another fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 55 gallon mixed reef running for about 2.5 yrs with a clarkii clown, coral beauty, lawnmower blenny, 1 pj cardinal, and a spotted dragonet. I want to add anotyher fish. I really would like to add a toby puffer i know its hit or miss with reef safe with them but they are just so beautiful so was wondering with my current stock could i add one or am i already stocked. If not what about a bonded goby and shrimp?

I have a bh-1000 skimmer, hob filter, and do 10% water changes once a week and feed rods food 3 times a week.

Hi there

If your water quality is good at the moment you should be ok with one but bear in mind they can grow to 5 inches and our class as not Reef Safe

I don't know about with coral, I had a valentini with shrimps and a ton of astrean starfish which didn't get touched though.

I think it's Corals with caution but crustations is more of a no no I suppose the key is just keeping well fed

On saying that the reason I went for a valentini is I posted on here to see if they were compatible with inverts and quite a few people had had success with it. Obv no guarantees though

I dunno my valentini was fairly big when I got it and my peppermint shrimp weren't, I think the key is adding the inverts first letting them settle and feeding well but always a gamble

Back
Top Bottom