Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Adding another fish late in the game?

Hi all,

I was talking to a local reefer while checking out some fish at a LFS and he was telling me that he has had great succcess with Atlantic Pygmy Angels when it comes to nipping corals. He said in all the tanks he maintains, he has never had one nip at corals or clams.

I have always wanted a Dwarf Angel but always hesitated due to corals nipping. I would like to get one but I wonder if my other fish will bully it. I have:
1 large Percula(7-8 yrs old)
1 royal gramma
1 mandarin
2 yellow tail damsel
1 yellow watchman
1 med yellow tang

I do also have an assortment of SPS, LPS, softies and a large Crocea clam.

Would you try it? I might be pushing it for fish with my tank size and my water capacity would support it. Not sure if I should use that or not.

Thoughts

Old 07-13-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Since your system is well established I would give it a try. You could always remove him if it does not work out.
I don't see any obvious problems with aggression, but you can never know for sure until you try.
Good luck!!!

Old 07-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I had almost sworn off fish. QT'ing and all that jazz is a lot harder than adding corals. I had really been lookng since I lost my Yellow Watchman but as I was looking under my tank last night I saw some movement. The little sucker must have went in the overflow chamber. He had been there more than a month. Gotten bigger too

I guess I will see if I can find one in person and see what happens.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com