Adding another fish late in the game?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I was talking to a local reefer while checking out some fish at a LFS and he was telling me that he has had great succcess with Atlantic Pygmy Angels when it comes to nipping corals. He said in all the tanks he maintains, he has never had one nip at corals or clams.

I have always wanted a Dwarf Angel but always hesitated due to corals nipping. I would like to get one but I wonder if my other fish will bully it. I have:
1 large Percula(7-8 yrs old)
1 royal gramma
1 mandarin
2 yellow tail damsel
1 yellow watchman
1 med yellow tang

I do also have an assortment of SPS, LPS, softies and a large Crocea clam.

Would you try it? I might be pushing it for fish with my tank size and my water capacity would support it. Not sure if I should use that or not.

Thoughts

Since your system is well established I would give it a try. You could always remove him if it does not work out.
I don't see any obvious problems with aggression, but you can never know for sure until you try.
Good luck!!!

I had almost sworn off fish. QT'ing and all that jazz is a lot harder than adding corals. I had really been lookng since I lost my Yellow Watchman but as I was looking under my tank last night I saw some movement. The little sucker must have went in the overflow chamber. He had been there more than a month. Gotten bigger too :)

I guess I will see if I can find one in person and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom