Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Send a message via AIM to kerryB Send a message via MSN to kerryB
Over a week ago i bought a blue regal tang and a yellow tang. We put the regal tang in first on a sat and then sunday we bought a yellow tang and put him in, all was ok untill 2 days later both tangs started fighting and the blue tang got white spot. Now i dont have a lot of exsperience with SW as we have only been doing this since dec 2008 but i was warned in the shop if i have theses two fish together there was a chance they could fight, but i took the risk and now i wished i took the advice they gave me.
We where lucky because our LFS took our regal tang back.

Our yellow tang now seems alot happyier but he does have a few whitespots on his fins from the regal tang but they are now going.The shop keeper said to keep an eye on him feed him well and do a bigger water change just so the tang has a better chance of fighting the parasites off. And my cleaner shimp are doing what they should by giving him a clean lol.

Anyway my advice is listen to people who now what they are on about and have had a lot of exsperience in SW, i know i will next time.

kerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
I am getting a blue hippo on tuesday about half the size of my yellow, I will have it quarantined for a few weeks then when i add him to the tank i will pull the yellow out and place the yellow in the quarantine tank.

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com