Adding blue to the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,
I am wanting to add some extra blue lights to my tank. I am using the IM Skkye 92w tablet, which has 2 blue dawn/dusk lights, and 2 moonlights, but when the daylights are on, the blues get pretty washed out.
The light itself is great, my corals are happy, but I want to add more blue lights for personal taste to make the corals "pop" more.
I have looked at those cheap sticky back LED strips on ebay, as well as the exoxotic stunner strips. My plan is to adhere the strips to the edge space of the tablet, which should work just fine without too much intrusion or eye sore.

Does anyone use those LED strips off ebay? How do they do as far as adding extra color to the tank?

What about the stunner strips?

Hey. Use the eBay blue floodlights. I have a bunch of 20 watt blue floodlights over my tank and it looks great during the day but absolutely stunning later at night when the halides go off. I bought 4 for about $200 I think.

I used to use a stunner strip but found that it got washed out during the day light. Maybe if you have multiple linked together it would work

I don't use mine anymore if you want it. PM me if interested

Back
Top Bottom