Adding detrivore kit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggen

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

Quick question on how to add a detrivore kit. I will be adding the Inland Aquatic kit (http://www.inlandaquatics.com/prod/prod_detrit.html) to my 40 gallon tank. What is the best way to add the kit, though? Do I do a drip acclimation just like one would do fish? If so, how will I net out all the tiny animals?

I know I should never add shipping water to the tank water, but how else am I supposed to add these animals? It also is coming with 6 miniature brittle stars. I think I remember reading that stars are not supposed to be exposed to air. This correct?

inland aquatics has acclimation instruction on the website, but I agree it doesn't account for not adding the water that will come in the bags. I never knew they were that close to me, I will drive out to their store this Thursay and check things out. I'll let you know what I think of the store. All in all in doesn't sound like a bad deal other than the price. :?

Hey reefnewb,

Yeah their acclimation instruction's are not that good. It looks like from their instructions, I would add the shipping water. Something one should never do...

I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.

I called too and asked them about the intank fuge. I'll add the reply to the thread i started about the in-tank fuge. Seemed like a nice knowlegable person. BTW I miss Panama City. I was stationed at Rucker a few years ago and spent all my time there. Lots of pretty FREE white sand. SHhhhh. :p

Back
Top Bottom