Adding Live Sand..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've carried sand over from a 75 gallon (80+ pounds) to a 150 after it being in there for over an year, added 80 more pounds of wet live sand and never had a problem, acutely my nitrates went down?

I do have 2 pistol shrimp with their watchman constantly moving sand around, that may have something to do with it, o and 2 engineers as well

idl ill just have to see how it all goes, im only adding about 20lbs of sand to the new tank, its got about twice the footprint my current tank does.

I use the same one, and I paid $9.99 for 20lbs promotional price, yaaaa :). I need more and now it's $29.99 :(

one of my biggest pet peaves is superfine reef sand that gets all gunked up and covered in algae and stirs easily, the special reef grade just does it for me lol
Super fine looks really nice tho, I mixed it. Super fine is the best for holding on to BB, but like you said, what a sand storm, welcome to Sahara

Super fine looks really nice tho, I mixed it. Super fine is the best for holding on to BB, but like you said, what a sand storm, welcome to Sahara

lol im not one for the messy sand bed look, i have clean tank syndrome so reef grade is my lady.

Back
Top Bottom