Adding livestock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathyjane

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking to add something to my 55 gal. tank. I'm concerned how the current tank mates will react to a new addition. I have a tomato clown that's been the tank over a year a yellow tang, coral beauty & spotted mandarin that have been in close to a year. I was thinking of a 6 line wrasse but would be interested to hear your ideas. Thanks!

You're getting close to your limit but maybe a smaller fish wouldn't be too much...a six-line sounds like the ticket though.....especially if you have excess bristle worms. :lol:

Fireman

Six line is a good idea or you can try one on my favorites...the royal gramma.

ditto on the royal gramma. A bicolor or magenta dottyback would be a neat choice too. Or a jawfish maybe, all great choices :)

In my opinion a Six-Line will out-compete the Dragonette for food and the Dragonette will wilt away over the next six months.

Thanks for your responses! I hadn't thought about a six-line competing for food with the dragonette, (who's currently pretty fat). I'll my eyes open for your suggestions, our LFS doesn't get a large variety in too often but then, there's really not any hurry.

if that tang has been in your tank for a long time with signs of it taking control and being territorial it might attack any new fish.

ok, i have a 60 gallon tank and i started my tank with 3 damsels and 2 weeks later i put in a yellow tang, 2 more weeks later i dropped in a swallow tale angel and the tang attacked the angel within the first few days until he slashed one of the fins, and cut the side of the angel pretty bad. an expensive lesson yes i know, before any of you start yelling at me. so i took the yellow tang out and gave it to my friend, two days later it died of shock or stress, probably from moving it so much.

Actually, I was more worried about the Tomato Clown. He's the boss of the tank. Everyone in there has to meet his approval.

Back
Top Bottom