If you go on there website it tells you about it.
I don't think that it has ever been live until it is your tank ad bacteria start to grow on it.
Here is a short paragraph about what the company says regarding bacteria etc.
'Real Reef does not harbor nuisance or parasitic algaes, inverts and unwanted hitch hikers. Wild live rock inherently is covered and impregnated with undesirable pests and decaying organic matter. In most cases wild live rock is not alive, as it died crossing the Pacific by boat.
Real Reef offers the aquarist a clean biologically active rock, which mitigates all the issues of wild live rock, including the process of waiting for the death to subside, AKA curing.'
The website is http://realreefrock.com