Adding new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I've had a death in my tank and wanted to no if would be ok to add another fish as for my last fish got flame angle and read up can be aggressive against new fish. Thanks

Not enough info here to answer. How big is your tank? What do you have in it? Stuff like that would be good to know.

Well what else do u really need to know other than what I have asked as I know my limits with tank size and what fish I can add to my peaceful tank

It's more about finding out what killed your fish before adding another I case it too dies. Did you test your water? Do you know why it died? To be honest your question was hard to understand - you have a flame angel, or was that the fish that died? How big is the tank?

Fish that died was sand sifting goby he done a free willy out the tank and on the filter and didn't find him till to late. All my test are good just got flame angle for my last fish in this tank and read that should add as last fish as can attack new tank mates so want know if can add new fish or is it goin to get attacked

What size tank is it? Apart from the flame what else is in there? You probably just need to stay away from shy fish but let us know what else is in there and we can tell you what will be compatible ...

Got an 80g tank just fish and live rock fish I got 2 clown 1 hippo tang 1 cardinal 1 clown goby but does that really count lol and 1 gramma basslet plus flame angle and thanks for help but I got compatibility chart printed of laptop so can see plus I research every fish I get so can try give them good home. Plus from uk and fish cost loads over here my flame angle was about $120 so don't want them to die straight away haha

A flasher or fairy wrasse would probably work well with that mix. Maybe a Midas blenny, but you'd have to watch it with the clown goby for aggression.

(Stand by for the tang police.)

Most angels are usually aggressive towards their own kind. I had a flame at one time and he never bothered any other fish even one's added after.

Cheers goin go have a look but thinking off getting another cardinal see if pair up just dont want add something that would get stressed. Think my flame killed a few crab while ago but he's ok with everything else at min, it's funny watching flame and tang playing about together

Haha the fish police where do I hand myself in.

A flasher or fairy wrasse would probably work well with that mix. Maybe a Midas blenny, but you'd have to watch it with the clown goby for aggression.

(Stand by for the tang police.)

Wrasse look good but will end up like my sand sifting goby as they like to jump so intill I get canister filter or up grade to bigger tank with sump will wait

Back
Top Bottom