Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry. I added the pics to my profile pics, not on this thread because its saying I'm out of room...

Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Your tank looks amazing !!!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! He's eating mysis and picking off rocks constantly so he seems to be adapting well. Now I gotta fatten him up!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank is stunning, even better then some I've seen at professional aquariums like the Georgia, Tennessee, ect. Keep up the good work

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Your tank is stunning, even better then some I've seen at professional aquariums like the Georgia, Tennessee, ect. Keep up the good work
Wow thanks! I don't think it's all that great but thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Chevrons are great looking fish. The do get big, so it's going to outgrow your tank. Good reason to upgrade though.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I found a 180 on Craigslist with everything and an RO/DI unit that I'm most likely buying for $800. Just trying to figure out how to get it here and where to put it until we move. Hopefully buying a house in the next few months. We are renting a big house now and the houses in our price range are slightly smaller.... So attempting to figure it all out. If I don't upgrade and he gets too big ill give him to someone with a bigger tank. Right now he's just under 4" and it seems like there's plenty of room.... Until he becomes a fatty like my other fish. But he acclimated to the tank and was swimming around this morning picking at everything, eating well, and not shy about my face right next to him. He's really friendly!
Old 07-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are probably my favorite Tang. Had one many years ago in a 300g (girlfriends tank at the time) with a black Tang. The Black was insanely expensive back then, but I thought it was kinda ugly.

You've got to look at tank space when looking at houses. We bought a house a few years ago that had no good wall space in the common areas and living room. Had to live with a small tank in each of the kids rooms for a few years. Our new place has all sorts of room. My 75g is on a wall that is over 10', so it is begging for a 300 or larger. Gonna do a brackish tank in the hallway soon too. My sons want a green spotted puffer.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

I used to have brackish. I had a freshwater barracuda (he jumped ship and fried on the floor) and I had a frontosa, figure eights, gars, and random cichlids. But honestly my hubby and I are so obsessed with the hobby that its the main thing we've been looking for in a house. Lol. We found the perfect house and we going to make an offer but they had an underground oil tank. Big no no. Plus we are doing a VA loan and they'd never approve that anyway. But it had a full bar with running water in the basement and PERFECT space for a 300 gallon, though I doubt I'd afford a tank that big. We will keep looking.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had a brackish many years ago with archers and scats. Very cool fish. I've never done puffers, so I'm kind of excited about doing something new.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com