Adding Rock - Anemone troubles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been off the forum for a few weeks but I'm back now and have a question!

I'm finally adding more rock to my tank. I bought 45lbs of Reef Saver rock and I'm hearing mixed info on whether or not I should cure it or just rinse it and add it to my tank..

I'll probably do a cure just to be sure I don't crash my tank but I'm curious to know of anyone has tried Reef saver rock and just added it to a running tank with fish and corals??

The other question I have is about my Anemone. Sense I'll be adding rock my Anemone will be able to travel the tank. Right now he's on a rock island and he moves around on it but he can't reach the glass or any other rocks so he's essentially stuck where he is. Once I add rock I know he will travel and I'm worried about what kind of trouble this may cause. I'll have to get covers for my power heads and overflow. But what about unsuspecting fish and my Zoas? I'm sure he can annoy the Zoas but can the Nem kill them?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Theres no reason to cure it, theres no die off, therefore no ammonia source, you can just add it to your tank when you want to.

Theres no reason to cure it, theres no die off, therefore no ammonia source, you can just add it to your tank when you want to.

Quick update. thanks for the advice. I ended up throwing the rock in and haven't seen any spikes in ammonia or nitrates. everything is looking great. I had some concerns initially because some said they had problems with the reef saver

Back
Top Bottom