Adding to my cuc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NarwhalLover3

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's the best invert to clean the feces off of my sand? I have sugar white sand and it really stands out. Any advice would be well appreciated. :)

I really like them. My conch recently died due to a nitrate spike and my sand's really been affected. I don't think my lfs getting them for a while, so any other suggestions? Thanks for the suggestion though!

NarwhalLover3 said:
I really like them. My conch recently died due to a nitrate spike and my sand's really been affected. I don't think my lfs getting them for a while, so any other suggestions? Thanks for the suggestion though!

I use tongan nass snails they get much bigger soon as food hits the water their out in search they do great job at cleaning and stirring sand

Do conchs just stay on the sand or do the live rock too?

The Tongan nassaris snails are hard to find in my area. I got mine accidentally when I got a few regular nassaris snails there was one Tongan in there that must have got mixed up in shipment. You can tell them cause their shell is more decorative. I don't know much about the conch snails. I do know some of them get HUGE! I've seen one almost basketball size! I think they just stay in sand but don't really know.

Conchs never leave the sandbed. They bury themselves a slightly to sleep, then come back out to clean. They stick their "tongue" out to reach food and their eye are on stalks that stick out in different directions. They can take big steps, though. Pretty cool to watch. :)

Back
Top Bottom