Additional lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unclebob

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok to place this office lamp over tank to add a little extra light? I know my light that came with tank is led, but I thought additional light during normal daytime hours might result in more/faster growth of coral in tank. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Attachments

• image-2671514314.jpg
    image-2671514314.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the info! Can you get those bulbs at hardware store ? Just online ?

Carey,

Do you keep that light on 24hrs in pico ? Or on timer?

The bulbs you would get in a hardware store won't cut it, wrong spectrum of light entirely.

I had my lights on for about 8 hours a day over my pico, didn't bother at the time with a timer. lol I had great growth from my acan and duncans with that par38 bulb and mine wasn't even dimmable. ;-)

if you're serious about a small tank with corals and have the cash you can't go wrong with the par38's. :)

Thanks again I just thought I would ask to see if I could get a cheaper led bulb. Since I only paid 90 dollars for tank. Lol. I figured I could get an led bulb for around 20 or 30 dollars and get the same result. Guess not. Shows what I know about lighting.

Happy to say I found the same bulb for 70 bucks on " boostled.com".

Nice! Mine was $90 from a retailer that went out of business so I couldnt link that one. lol

But yeah, once you know what you want it's a bit easier to find it cheaper. :)

Show us some pictures when you get it!

Back
Top Bottom