Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Additives

Hi there guys and gals one quick is it really worth me buying a good brand name coral food to supplement or would it be a waste of money i have assorted sps mushrooms .. Button polyps etc what do you guys reckon ....?

Old 08-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fuel is not only good for corals but it is also beneficial to your fishies. It is made by aquavitro.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

What is aquavito ....?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

It is a company that makes everything you need to maintain a healthy saltwater tank from pH booters, iodine...ect. It is a product to look into ^^ The best part is that all their products work together -.^
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Just remember to never add anything as far as chemicals that you cant test for.

If you dose magnesium, iodine or anything like that you have to have a test kit for it.

I test for most things and I dont' dose anything at all.

Just some advice.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

They sell test kits also :P
Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #7

Aquavitro is owner by Seachem and is one of many brands that offers many products that may or may not be needed or effective in any given tank. I have heard that the 8.4 is a very effective buffer, but haven't really seen that the rest of the line is anything above and beyond other brands.

Ditto. Do not blindly add things, especially things like iodine.

I would love to see any half decent experiment showing that amino acids (building blocks of protein, which is easy to get), and other trace additives actually do anything.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
Aquavitro is owner by Seachem and is one of many brands that offers many products that may or may not be needed or effective in any given tank. I have heard that the 8.4 is a very effective buffer, but haven't really seen that the rest of the line is anything above and beyond other brands.

Ditto. Do not blindly add things, especially things like iodine.

I would love to see any half decent experiment showing that amino acids (building blocks of protein, which is easy to get), and other trace additives actually do anything.
I use the whole line of aquavitro, and love it. It's simple and easy to use. This is a product that I would recommend, to anyone! Never had a problem. The product is not sold online, I have only seen it in LFS. Its a top of the line from seachem!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I heard that fish waste is enough for corals to feed on. It makes sense, but wanted to see what others think. This was told for SPS coral.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:17 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
I heard that fish waste is enough for corals to feed on. It makes sense, but wanted to see what others think. This was told for SPS coral.
True, i think anyways. The fuel gives a plus and makes my sps corals look better. My tank is gonna be sps ruled. I love the diff growth paterns of sps corals, there for there may not be enough waste for them. This is why I have been adding fuel and phyto plankton/ spot feeding every once and a while. I don't spot feed all the time, get carried away into the view if the tank. Lol

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com