Additives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi there guys and gals one quick is it really worth me buying a good brand name coral food to supplement or would it be a waste of money i have assorted sps mushrooms .. Button polyps etc what do you guys reckon ....?

Fuel is not only good for corals but it is also beneficial to your fishies. It is made by aquavitro.

It is a company that makes everything you need to maintain a healthy saltwater tank from pH booters, iodine...ect. It is a product to look into ^^ The best part is that all their products work together -.^

Just remember to never add anything as far as chemicals that you cant test for. :-D

If you dose magnesium, iodine or anything like that you have to have a test kit for it.

I test for most things and I dont' dose anything at all.

Just some advice.

Aquavitro is owner by Seachem and is one of many brands that offers many products that may or may not be needed or effective in any given tank. I have heard that the 8.4 is a very effective buffer, but haven't really seen that the rest of the line is anything above and beyond other brands.

Ditto. Do not blindly add things, especially things like iodine.

I would love to see any half decent experiment showing that amino acids (building blocks of protein, which is easy to get), and other trace additives actually do anything.

Fishguy2727 said:
Aquavitro is owner by Seachem and is one of many brands that offers many products that may or may not be needed or effective in any given tank. I have heard that the 8.4 is a very effective buffer, but haven't really seen that the rest of the line is anything above and beyond other brands.

Ditto. Do not blindly add things, especially things like iodine.

I would love to see any half decent experiment showing that amino acids (building blocks of protein, which is easy to get), and other trace additives actually do anything.

I use the whole line of aquavitro, and love it. It's simple and easy to use. This is a product that I would recommend, to anyone! Never had a problem. The product is not sold online, I have only seen it in LFS. Its a top of the line from seachem!

I heard that fish waste is enough for corals to feed on. It makes sense, but wanted to see what others think. This was told for SPS coral.

slitherbomb said:
I heard that fish waste is enough for corals to feed on. It makes sense, but wanted to see what others think. This was told for SPS coral.

True, i think anyways. The fuel gives a plus and makes my sps corals look better. My tank is gonna be sps ruled. I love the diff growth paterns of sps corals, there for there may not be enough waste for them. This is why I have been adding fuel and phyto plankton/ spot feeding every once and a while. I don't spot feed all the time, get carried away into the view if the tank. Lol

slitherbomb said:
Yea I love SPS coral. My tank is going to have a ton of bushy acropora, some birdsnest, and 1 or 2 montiporas.

I was gonna do about the same thing! A little more thou. Lol The purple montipora looks cool as ****. Like that red too!

I use coral fenzy for my filter feeding corals with great success..

AquaVitro is available to buy online, but anyone should support their LFS.

In some tanks fish waste is definitely enough to feed corals. This doesn't mean that every tank with any amount of fish fed any amount and type of food will provide enough for any amount of corals.

The fuel is basically the components of a food in a liquid form. You could get the same thing with a high quality food (like Golden Pearls).

Back
Top Bottom