additives expired?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAhner

Aquarium Advice Freak
First post on any forum!!! I've been a forum stalker for over 15 years but always been afraid to post anything. I hate it when people get bashed for asking a question. Somebody asks something and the only responses they get are "there's a search button for a reason", "Google it", "Noob!!!", but you guys seem nice and helpful. Well anyways I walked into PETCO a couple weeks ago to buy a feeder rat for my girlfriend's brother's stupid boa, and they had a sale on tanks. $1 a gallon up to 40g. I've been wanting a breeder tank for years but never got one. Saltwater fever kicked in quick, and walked out with my 40g breeder. I moved a few months ago and had to take my tank down. So I had like 40lbs dead rock, over a hundred lbs sand, and al kinds of equipment just chilling down at my dads house in some coolers in the back of his garage. Now I'm back up and been cycling for about 3 weeks. So on to my question. I have additives I've had for at least a year, some twice as long. And I was wondering what I should use. I have red sea marine trace, Kent strontium & molybdenum, Kent iodide, caribsea purple up, seachem reef complete (raises Ph maintains magnesium & strontium), seachum reef buffer. I'm not too worried about those. But I also have Kent phytoplex (phytoplankton), and Kent microvert (for filter feeders). Neither one has an experation date or born on date. The microvert says " does not require refrigeration, however refrigeration will prolong usefully life. So I'm assuming at least that one needs to go to the trash. Whatcha all think?

Did you check for expiration dates? I would say not use them just for piece of mind. I'm glad you joined. Sometimes people say google it when they don't know the answers.

Back
Top Bottom