adhesive for base rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have everything I need to start my 45 gallon build.I have two 850gph Koralia Circulation and Wave Pumps,two,75 watt heaters,40 lbs of Caribsea Fiji Pink Arag-live sand,test kit and 80lbs of base rock(bought 40lbs and then saw a deal on amazon and bought 40lbs. Not sure yet if I will use all of it.) and egg crate for bottom of tank.Here is my problem,I bought Instant Ocean Epoxy to strengthen my "master piece" and it didn't strengthen anything...I really want to start my build this weekend but don't know what to use to make the base rock structurally(sp?) sound.What would you recommend?

Attachments

• tank update.jpg
    tank update.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 98
You could drill through the rock with a masonry bit and slide rods through them, and make rock towers to build off of.
You could also use Aquamend or JB Weld to glue them together.

You could drill through the rock with a masonry bit and slide rods through them, and make rock towers to build off of.
You could also use Aquamend or JB Weld to glue them together.
Unfortunately no tools to do the rods.Where would I find JB Weld? Would it be in a hardware store or does any store like Walmart sell it?

I have been looking on the internet and I found it.Thanks for the info,Mr_X!I am so exited to finally get started!

Back
Top Bottom