Adopted new tank mates - potential problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

A friend of mine tore down his tank and was getting rid of his fish. He only had two remaining, and I have adopted them. I felt it was better than giving them to the LFS near him because they have awful tanks. Also, I have very little bio-load currently (check profile for inhabitants). So, here's the problem. I have a 72G bowfront and I just inherited a juv. Koran Angel and a small Sailfin Tang.

I understand that this tank is not suitable for either of these fish in the long-run, but both are under 3" currently. The two fish get along great together and are eating well. How long do you think I have before they become too big for this tank. I, like many others, do plan to upgrade my tank, but that is easily 1-2 years away.

Please let me know what you think. I will post pics as soon as I can, they are gorgeous fish.

tripper

Thanks for the advice so far.

A question about bio-load too. I have a Flame angel in QT that I had planned on adding to the tank. Am I overstocked at the time being or is it ok to add him too (he only has 2 weeks left in QT)? I am already working on a new plan based on these new additions, but I'd hate to take back this beautiful fish.

Please help me out.

tripper

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an opinion on whether my bio-load will be ok for the next 8-10 months with this addition? I have about 130 lbs of LR.

Thanks

tripper

Just make sure you have a good skimmer, and plenty of filtration and you should be fine for a while. I have a Flame as well, and absolutely love him!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom