Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have a Sedona 90 gallon aquarium stand and canopy:

http://www.petsolutions.com/Sedona+A...C-1045-C-.aspx

Should I be purchasing a retrofit kit for this canopy? The top of the canopy has glass tops, so I'm not sure how I would attach the kit to the canopy...

80 pounds of aragonite sand, 20 pounds live sand
MagDrive 7 pump
SeaLife protein skimmer
VisiTherm 250Watt heater

List of possible fish:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
3 Neon Blue Gobies
1 Yellow Eye Tang
Several Blue Reef Chromis
Shannono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

One more question (no really, I promise! ) I was thinking of purchasing the 48" Dual Satellite Compact Fluorescent Fixture, model CD-16927, along with the docking mount, at this link:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...1&N=2004&Nty=1

I'd like to perhaps get some soft corals in the future. However, it doesn't sound like this type of lighting will support stoney corals, correct?

MagDrive 7 pump
SeaLife protein skimmer
VisiTherm 250Watt heater

List of possible fish:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
3 Neon Blue Gobies
1 Yellow Eye Tang
Old 06-05-2005, 11:02 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Does anyone have any comments on my last 2 posts? See above for details. I could really use some guidance here...
MagDrive 7 pump
SeaLife protein skimmer
VisiTherm 250Watt heater

List of possible fish:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
3 Neon Blue Gobies
1 Yellow Eye Tang
Old 06-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, with MH's heat is a big issue. I am running 4 160w VHO bulbs under an 8" hood, no heat issues what so ever. So it really depends on the type of lighting you are using. If I were to switch to MH's I would ditch the hood and mount pedants from our ceiling, this way there would be less heat build-up.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
so truely and honestly....do i have to go MH....or will VHO or PC satisfy my lighing needs
I agree....I've heard the heat was an issue and I already have fans to lower the heat and Im running NO
Old 06-07-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
OK....to bump this and to get more feedback on this....I am thinkin of goin with a VHO retro fit....maybe starting out with 2 and allowing me to add up to 2 more tubes...will this be good for almost anything I want??
Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, I use atnic white and the regular atinics...color is great. I got my first set and then bought another, once I did that I was able to separate the atnics and the white atnics and put them on separate timers so I can get the dawn and dusk effect also. Thats what I would suggust b/c the retro kits to my knowledge do not come with seperate plugs, just one. I had pc before and I prefer VHO over pc. I think my corals do too. How deep is your tank? Mine is 18" (I have an oceanic, so it's a bit of an odd shape) and I have soft and LPS corals in my tank...they are doing great.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com