Adventures with palytoxin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was gluing some of my loose zoanthids down today and after I was done I dried my hands off with one of my tank towels and went to go wash my hands. Without even thinking about it I picked a piece of hair off of my tongue that had just flown into my mouth. The next thing I knew half of my tongue went numb :eek:

Has anyone else done anything stupid like this or is it just a me thing?

I was transfering some sterbai cories to a tank while working at my lfs and I had my hand cuped around them to prevent them from jumping out. It was so painful. It felt like I had toothpicks stuck in my hand.

I was transfering some sterbai cories to a tank while working at my lfs and I had my hand cuped around them to prevent them from jumping out. It was so painful. It felt like I had toothpicks stuck in my hand.

Not pleasant, there cute but dangerous.

First and only experience I've had was transferring a zoa, it squirt my sunglasses. I've known they could squirt so I wear them when transferring. Nose and top of my lip went numb about 10 minutes later. Lasted about half an hour, scary... Be careful!

Ha. I love this thread. I've only been poked gently by a stiff grumpy pleco. Never had injuries from my zoas or urchin. Well, my female domino clown goes in a biting rampage too. More of a scare than an injury though.

I was gluing some of my loose zoanthids down today and after I was done I dried my hands off with one of my tank towels and went to go wash my hands. Without even thinking about it I picked a piece of hair off of my tongue that had just flown into my mouth. The next thing I knew half of my tongue went numb :eek:

Has anyone else done anything stupid like this or is it just a me thing?

thats why you wear rubber gloves :cool:

but I've done one better
i must electrocute my self at least 2 times a week
not thinking I jump on computer after working on my tanks with wet saltwater covered hands
talk about a big jolt :blink::blink::blink::facepalm:

you would think I'd move the computer away from my tanks but NO:whistle::whistle:

thats why you wear rubber gloves :cool:

but I've done one better
i must electrocute my self at least 2 times a week
not thinking I jump on computer after working on my tanks with wet saltwater covered hands
talk about a big jolt :blink::blink::blink::facepalm:

you would think I'd move the computer away from my tanks but NO:whistle::whistle:

I've been electrocuted once. ONCE. In a non fish related incident. Thought I was going to die. Can't imagine getting electrocuted that often!

I've been electrocuted once. ONCE. In a non fish related incident. Thought I was going to die. Can't imagine getting electrocuted that often!

I've been zapped lots of times. Just low voltage stuff that caused a light pain and strange tingle.

The one time I touched an electric fence tho.. That.. really sucked. I brushed against it and then dropped to my knees in the mud.

I've been zapped lots of times. Just low voltage stuff that caused a light pain and strange tingle.

The one time I touched an electric fence tho.. That.. really sucked. I brushed against it and then dropped to my knees in the mud.

Never grab the lab top and the light switch at the same time or else you'll be a human conductor

I don't think I'll keep zoas anytime soon. With my luck I will probably mess up more than once

I dont remember who it as but someone here was blind for several months because of his stuff, (post is at least a yr old, probably more) wash your hands folks stuffs dangerous.
as far as messing with a keyboard with wet hands its a jolt but not bad only five volts and only a couple amps, your psu cannot output more than that on a single rail and it runs through your usb controller...

If you had a tank full of zoas and you touched a body part after getting tank water on your hands, could you potentially see a reAction or do you have to contact the actual coral?

Back
Top Bottom