Advice For Decorative Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weaver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
29 gallon tank, one percula clown, two blue chromis, one sandsifting star, one convict worm goby, one peppermint shrimp. As far as plants/rock. I have about 30 lbs of liverock and some feather caulerpa. I would like to add some soft algae/coral, but am fairly certain I cant sustain coral... I have stock lighting (800K full spectrum) and i dont think thats enough for much. Any advice on what i could add?:flowers:

I keep lots of algae in my tank. Anything in the Caulerpa genus should be fine.

I actually just trimmed most of mine down, if i had known I could have sent you some

Attachments

• image-1414454066.jpg
    image-1414454066.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 95
Id suggest the opposite. Nothing in the caulperia family. Spreads to fast imo. My lfs literally had to take an entire tank down because it got out of hand. I believe tim is doing macros with his angler tank and got a red and green sampler pack real cheap. He can prob point you in the right direction.

I have some feather caulerpa, it doesnt seem to grow that fast. I only have to trim it down once every month or so. How often do you trim yours?

Back
Top Bottom