Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Advice for spider sponge

I just got a spider sponge. Anyone have one? Any success? I got mine for very cheap. It is so cool. I want it to live.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige View Post
I just got a spider sponge. Anyone have one? Any success? I got mine for very cheap. It is so cool. I want it to live.
I hope it does but....They are better left in the ocean. water quality has to be perfect. watch the food you feed them/your tank if you feed your corals the food may be to big for the sponge and clog its pours. you didn't expose it to air at all did you?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know they are better left in the ocean. My lfs had special ordered it for a guy the couldnt pay once it came in. So I got it for 5 bucks. It was originally 30, but I had store credit. This was a frag that came from some "expert" in australia. He said it was never out of water. My guy put bag in water to remove it and I put bag in my tank to pull it out. So no, I dont think it was ever exposed to air.

The wierd thing is, I cant really tell which end is up. I cant tell how this thing was placed when it was at the fraggers.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

A guy around here has a whole tank full of it. I had no idea what it was till I came along this thread and looked it up. I thought it looked like a toaster pastry. Good luck with it, post some pics.
Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

So does that mean he has was successful? I haven't really seen too many success stories. i will post pics. I have not had camera ready when polyps are open. Still trying to find its right spot. Today it looked awesome. But the old lady told me I had to do other things. She thinks pics aren't as important as taking care of family. What's up with that?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

ovveerrattedd. It looks like he has been really successful with it, he has tons of it, lots of frags and a larger colony. I never actually had the chance to talk to him about it though.

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sponge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com