Advice on new purchase of sea apple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok-well, this is one of those situations that I swore I'd never be in....but I am and now I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I was in my favorite lfs this weekend picking up my dose of ro water and took a quick looky. This is where the problem began. Apparently I lost all of my good sense and bought a sea apple.

I got this guy yesterday and now I'm researching online and I'm realizing that what I was told in the store and what is really the creatures needs, are two different things. DUH!!

Like I said, I thought I'd never be so stupid as to buy something on impulse but I have and now I have to figure the best way to deal with it.

My question-is it kosher to return this beastie to the lfs? I don't really even care if I get a refund but I don't think I can provide the right environment for him and the biggie here....I don't want my other fish to die because of him (releases toxins if other fish stress him too much).

If you've had a situation that is similar please offer a suggestion or two. Thanks very much!

I think I would be taking it back to the LFS with the quickness...I have heard that WHEN they die not if but WHEN they die the can pretty much kill the entire tank...I could be wrong about that but I think it should go back....

I saw one at my LFS and he told me the same thing. If you cannot care for it then you should take it back.

I understand why you got it because they are one of the most beautiful sea creatures but I'd return it to the lfs credit or not ASAP
nodeh3.gif

tomacsiubiseapplemedfm0.jpg

Stupid, stupid, stupid-a lesson well learned.

I did take him back (after I snapped a picture of him) and the owner was ok with it (half credit-better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I suppose).

It's really a neat looking creature and I certainly hope someone gets him that knows how to take care of him.

I'm NEVER doing that again (geesh! I feel like a dork)

Thanks for the feedback folks!

img_779623_0_258a552cba19e160cc2439d582e3fcb5.jpg

Dont feel bad about it. We have all done it one time or another. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom