Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

advice on new tank build.

I have a 29g reef that has been doing good for the past year and a half and I'm going to be getting a 56gal plus my 20g sump. My question here is that I don't want 2 tanks running due to space but is it possible to put all my live rock and fish etc in the tank all at once or will there be a mini cycle? I'm planning to put 50lbs of dry base from some aquarium cleaner place. I picked the 56 gal because its 30inches long so I can recycle my lighting unit so it cuts cost down. Any opinions on how I should do it? I would hate to lose my milles since they are my babies. Thanks guys.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

yes there will be a mini cycle and if I could give one other piece of advice. If you have not bought the tank yet. Do yourself a favor and look into a 75g. I don't have a 56g but I do I have a 55g and the width of the 75g makes it a lot easier for aquascaping.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its 30 inches long 24 high and 18 inches wide so there is room to scape. I don't like the 12 inch wide which I have a problem like that in my 29 now. I would go 75 but then id need a new light fixture. Wife doesn't like that idea. I won't go less than 18 wide ever again. The 75 is a nice size though.

Tags
build, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com