advice on new tank build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madcrazyroyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29g reef that has been doing good for the past year and a half and I'm going to be getting a 56gal plus my 20g sump. My question here is that I don't want 2 tanks running due to space but is it possible to put all my live rock and fish etc in the tank all at once or will there be a mini cycle? I'm planning to put 50lbs of dry base from some aquarium cleaner place. I picked the 56 gal because its 30inches long so I can recycle my lighting unit so it cuts cost down. Any opinions on how I should do it? I would hate to lose my milles since they are my babies. Thanks guys.

yes there will be a mini cycle and if I could give one other piece of advice. If you have not bought the tank yet. Do yourself a favor and look into a 75g. I don't have a 56g but I do I have a 55g and the width of the 75g makes it a lot easier for aquascaping.

Its 30 inches long 24 high and 18 inches wide so there is room to scape. I don't like the 12 inch wide which I have a problem like that in my 29 now. I would go 75 but then id need a new light fixture. Wife doesn't like that idea. I won't go less than 18 wide ever again. The 75 is a nice size though.

Back
Top Bottom