Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2003, 04:38 PM   #1

ADVICE ON OVER-FLOW BOX!! HOW DO I STOP THAT GIRGULING NOISE

I CANT KEEP THAT DARN OVER FLOW BOX FROM BURPING ANYONE HAVE SUM GOOD ADVICE??
Old 11-23-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
CAPS LOCK please tun OFF.

I know you know its on because you get a nice little popup asking you to turn it off.

What kind of overflow is it? If its a hang on oveflow you could try adding a second U tube as this sometimes helps with the sound. Nother thing to do is to lower some airline tubing down the drain line until the gurgling noises stop. What your doing is in effect giving the drain line a snorkle tube so it can breath.

Another approach would be to contruct a standpipe in the overflow.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:52 PM   #3

Its a double over-flow hang on but it doesnt use the U tubes the whole box is a big U with two 1in drains on the bottom of the back end.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:27 PM   #4

Do a search for Durso Standpipes.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:42 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Soits a CPR brand. I dont know much about them since I have not had them but the airline down the drain lines should work. If you have sponges on the drain lines you coudl try to clean them. I know mine makes alot more noise just prior to cleaning the sponges on the drain lines and after I clean them its much quiter.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flow, noise

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com