Advice on reef transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo C

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am having my hardwood floors redone and need to tear down my 90 gallon reef was just wondering if a 50 gallon Rubbermaid stock tank with fresh salt water would be OK to transfer all my coral and fish into for a month and a half? Or can I use my existing water

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All rooms in our downstairs are getting carpet tore up and dustless sanding done on hardwood floors.

a rubber maid tub will work for a short period be sure to add some rocks and such , be sure you keep all your rock wet so it don't die off , if you could get who ever is doing the floor to get the section your tank goes , you could set it back up the same day , the shorter the time empty will save a lot of the bb in the tank

I just left this thread that could be useful to prevent gas release in the sand
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/moved-existing-tank-need-help-340931.html#post3277894

better safe than sorry

Last edited:
Thanx for that thread. Can I do bare bottom in stock tank. I have about40/50lbs of live rock?

yes you can just be sure when you re stack your rock it's secure, I myself like the sand but its all about preference,

Back
Top Bottom